The Master Taste Tester’s quick Veggie Stir Fry is loaded with flavor, but light on the calories. It can be easily adapted to what you have on hand. Regardless of the variation on a theme, what makes this Veggie Stir Fry so special is his “secret” stir fry sauce.
He used the following ingredients for the Veggie Stir Fry: Low sodium chicken broth, low sodium soy sauce, Hoisin sauce, Sriracha hot chili sauce, freshly grated ginger, cornstarch, carrots, onions, garlic, broccoli, mushrooms, snow peas, bean sprouts, and vegetable oil.
I decided to play Sous Chef for the Master Taste Tester. My job was to get everything ready so he could do his thing. This involved mixing together the ingredients for his “secret” stir fry sauce and cutting up the vegetables.
After heating some oil in the Wok over medium high heat, the Master Taste Tester added the carrots and onions, and cooked them for about 4 minutes, until they were crisp tender.
Next he added the garlic and cooked the mixture for about 30 seconds, until the garlic was fragrant.
Then he added the mushrooms and cooked the mixture for several more minutes.
After that, he added the broccoli, and continued to cook the mixture for several more minutes.
Next, he added the snow peas, and continued cooking for another few minutes.
This was followed by the addition of the bean sprouts, which by the way, I grew!
After stirring the mixture, the Master Taste Tester added his “secret” stir fry sauce, and cooked the veggies until they were nicely coated and the sauce had thickened.
For our appetizer, we had some of my delicious veggie spring rolls. For an incredible meal, we served this Veggie Stir Fry with steamed white rice. Yum!
If you’re looking for another Asian inspired vegetarian dish, check out my Vegetable Lo Mein.
I hope you liked this recipe for the Mater Taste Tester’s Veggie Stir Fry as much as I do. If so, please consider rating it and leaving a comment. Also, if you’d like to receive notifications of new posts by email, ever your email address in the Subscribe box.
Thank you so much for visiting Pudge Factor. I hope you’ll come back!
Master Taste Tester's Veggie Stir Fry
- 1/2 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 3 Tablespoons low sodium soy sauce (See Tip 1)
- 3 Tablespoons Hoisin sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon Sriracha hot chili sauce
- 1 Tablespoon fresh grated ginger
- 1/2 Tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 Tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 carrot peeled and cut into 2-inch match sticks
- 1 large onion peeled, cut in half and cut into 1/2-inch wedges
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 1 cup mushrooms cleaned and quartered
- 1 cup snow peas tips and strings removed
- 2 cups fresh bean sprouts
- Make the now "not-so-secret" stir fry sauce by whisking together the chicken broth, soy sauce, Hoisin sauce, Sriracha sauce, ginger, and cornstarch; set aside.
- Heat vegetable oil in Wok or large skillet over medium high heat. Add carrots and onions; cook 3 to 4 minutes until crisp tender.
- Add minced garlic; cook 30 seconds or until fragrant.
- Add mushrooms. Stir to combine; cook 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add broccoli. Stir to combine; cook 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add snow peas. Stir to combine; cook 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add bean sprouts. Stir to combine. Add "not-so-secret" stir fry sauce. Cook, stirring constantly until thickened.
- Serve over steamed white rice or noodles. Yield: 4 servings.
Chula's Expert Tips
- To make this vegetarian, substitute vegetable broth for the chicken broth.