If you like Reubens, you’ll go crazy over this easy to make Reuben Quesadilla. Mounds of corned beef, sauerkraut, and Swiss cheese are sandwiched between a flour tortilla, with Russian dressing on the side. It’s perfect for your St. Patrick’s Day celebration or any time for that matter!
I used the following ingredients for this incredible Ruben Quesadilla: Flour tortilla, vegetable oil, Swiss cheese, corned beef, homemade sauerkraut, and Russian dressing. If you don’t happen to make your own sauerkraut, you can always use store-bought. The same goes for Russian dressing!
Making the Reuben Quesadilla
I started by adding a bit of vegetable oil to a 12-inch skillet set over medium heat. Then, I added a 10-inch flour tortilla. Next, I placed some slices of Swiss cheese on half of the tortilla, followed by slices of corned beef. After that, I topped the corned beef with some sauerkraut and finished it off with some more sliced Swiss cheese.
I folded the tortilla in half and cooked the Reuben Quesadilla on one side until it was golden brown. This took about 4 to 5 minutes. Then, I flipped the quesadilla over and cooked it on the other side for another 4 to 5 minutes until that side was golden brown.
After I removed the Reuben Quesadilla from the skillet, I cut it into 4 wedges. I served it with some Russian dressing on the side. It was totally awesome. All the flavors of a reuben sandwiched in a crispy flour tortilla. Yum!
- 1 10-inch flour tortilla
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 3 slices Swiss cheese (about 2.5 ounces), divided
- 3 ounces corned beef, sliced thin
- 2 ounces sauerkraut, drained
- Heat vegetable oil in a 12-inch skillet over medium heat. Add the flour tortilla. Layer half of the Swiss cheese on half of the tortilla, followed by the corned beef, sauerkraut, and remaining Swiss cheese.
- Fold tortilla in half. Cook until golden brown on one side, about 4 to 5 minutes. Flip quesadilla to the other side; cook until golden brown, another 4 to 5 minutes.
- Remove from pan; cut into 4 wedges. Serve with Russian dressing on the side. Yield: 2 servings.