What to do with leftover Easter eggs? Why not make some tasty egg salad sliders? They have two main ingredients – egg salad, and slider buns. I prefer to make my own slider buns, but you could certainly buy them already made. You could also use your own egg salad recipe, but you should try mine – it’s absolutely delicious!
Ingredients for Tasty Egg Salad Sliders:
I used the following ingredients for the egg salad: Eggs, chopped celery, chopped scallions, mayonnaise, prepared mustard, freshly squeezed lemon juice, salt, and freshly ground black pepper.
Cooking the Eggs:
Traditionally, one boils eggs in water to produce hard-cooked eggs. However, I prefer to steam the eggs. The reason is that steaming produces a more consistent and precisely cooked egg. I started by placing my steamer basket into the pan. Then, I added just enough water so that it didn’t quite touch the bottom of the basket. I covered the pan, and brought the water to a boil over high heat. Next, I uncovered the pan, and carefully placed the eggs in the steamer basket. I covered the pan, lowered the heat to medium, and steamed the eggs for 12 minutes.
After 12 minutes, I ran the eggs under cold water, and put them in a bowl with ice and cold water for 15 minutes. Then, I peeled the eggs, and cut them in half. The eggs peeled beautifully, and the yolks were perfectly cooked.
I roughly chopped the egg whites, and put them in a bowl for the egg salad. Then, I took the egg yolks and rubbed them between my hands to break them up. Next, I added the remaining ingredients to the bowl, and stirred the mixture to combine everything.
Finally, I plunged the potato masher into the egg salad several times to produce the desired consistency.
I cut the slider buns in half, placed some Romaine lettuce on the bottom, and loaded up the egg salad. The sliders were a perfect size, and the egg salad was absolutely delicious. Yum!
Another amazing salad to use with Slider Buns is my delicious Ham Salad.
Tasty Egg Salad Sliders
- 6 hard cooked large eggs peeled (See Tip 1)
- 1/3 cup chopped celery 2 to 3 small stalks
- 1/4 cup chopped scallions 2 scallions, white and light green part
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 12 Slider buns
- Cut eggs in half; remove the yolks, and coarsely chop egg whites. Place egg whites in bowl; crumble egg yolks between hands over egg whites. Add remaining ingredients. Stir with wooden spoon to combine all ingredients. Use potato masher to achieve desired consistency.
- Cut slider buns in half. Place piece of lettuce on bottom side. Spoon on egg salad. Place top of bun on top of egg salad. Secure with pick. Serve immediately.
- Yield: 12 sliders.