Loaded with apples, toasted pecans, pineapple, and coconut, these moist Apple Mini-Muffins are delicious for breakfast or an anytime snack! As an added bonus, they’re easy to make and freeze beautifully.
The ingredients for these little gems include unsalted butter, vegetable oil, egg, granulated sugar, light brown sugar, milk, vanilla extract, ground cinnamon, ground nutmeg, baking soda, salt, all-purpose flour, apples, fresh lemon juice, toasted pecans, crushed pineapple, shredded coconut.
Making the Apple Mini-Muffins
To make the Apple Mini Muffins, I start by using a pastry brush to grease the wells of my mini-muffin pan with butter, and then set the pan aside. I also shredded the peeled and cored apple, tossed it with lemon juice, and set it aside.
Then I beat the butter, oil, egg, granulated sugar, light brown sugar, milk, vanilla extract, cinnamon, and nutmeg on high, until everything was well incorporated. This took a minute or so. The mixture was quite liquidy.
I sifted in the baking soda and salt, and beat the mixture for about 5 seconds. Then I dumped in the flour and stirred the mixture with a wooden spoon, just until the flour was incorporated.
Next I added the shredded apples (that I had tossed with the lemon juice), toasted pecans, crushed pineapple (that I had drained well), and coconut, then stirred to combine everything.
Using a 1¾-inch ice cream scoop, I filled the wells of the mini-muffin pan about ¾ full.
Into a preheated 375° F oven the mini-muffins went for about 18 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into the center came out clean. I let the mini-muffins cool for a minute or so before turning them out onto a wire rack to cool.
I ended up with 3-dozen incredibly moist and delicious Apple Mini-Muffins that were loaded with the goodness of apples, toasted pecans, pineapple and coconut. Yum!
For another amazing mini muffin recipe featuring pecans, check out my Pecan Pie Mini Muffins, they’re awesome.
I hope you liked this recipe for Apple Mini Muffins as much as I do. If so, please consider rating it and leaving a comment. Also, if you’d like to receive notifications of new posts by email, ever your email address in the Subscribe box.
Thank you so much for visiting Pudge Factor. I hope you’ll come back!
- 1 (8-ounce) Granny Smith apple, peeled, cored and shredded (about 1-½ cups)
- 1 ½ teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- ¼ cup (½ stick, 2 ounces, 56 grams) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 large egg room temperature
- 2 Tablespoons vegetable oil
- ½ cup (3.5 ounces, 99 grams) granulated sugar
- ¼ cup (1.85 ounces, 52 grams) firmly packed light brown sugar
- ½ cup (4 ounces) milk
- 1 ½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 ½ teaspoons ground cinnamon
- ⅛ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ½ cup (2 ounces, 56 grams) chopped pecans, toasted
- 4 ounces ½ of an 8-ounce can) crushed pineapple drained with excess juice squeezed out (¼ cup, 2 ounces, 56 grams)
- ½ cup (1.5 ounces, 43 grams) shredded sweetened coconut
- Preheat oven to 375º F.
- Grease wells of mini-muffin pan or line with mini cupcake papers; set aside.
- Combine shredded apples and lemon juice in small bowl; set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat together butter, egg, oil, granulated sugar, brown sugar, milk, vanilla extract, cinnamon, and nutmeg until all ingredients are incorporated.
- Sift in baking soda and salt; beat for several seconds until incorporated.
- Add flour; stir just until combined.
- Add shredded apples, toasted pecans, pineapple, and coconut; stir just until combined.
- Fill mini-muffin wells ¾-full. Bake in preheated oven for 18 to 20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the mini-muffins comes out clean.
- Cool completely on wire rack.
- Yield: 3 dozen.
Yum Girl says
Welcome to Yum Goggle! We are following you on all your social media and hope you will follow us back. We will do our best to tag you when we promote your posts. Kelli at YG!
Carolyn Haley says
These nibbles sound amazing, a wonderful Fall treat. I will be making these soon. Thank you for sharing.
If you like carrot cake, you’ll love these little mini-muffins!
Peter Deachman says
Great taste and texture. Nice and moist. I added a cup of raisins. Mighty fine!!!
Chula King says
Yum on the addition of the raisins!