Loaded with apples, toasted pecans, pineapple, and coconut, these moist Apple Mini-Muffins are delicious for breakfast or an anytime snack! As an added bonus, they’re easy to make and freeze beautifully.
Ingredients for Apple Mini-Muffins
The ingredients for these little gems include unsalted butter, vegetable oil, egg, granulated sugar, light brown sugar, milk, vanilla extract, ground cinnamon, ground nutmeg, baking soda, salt, all-purpose flour, apples, fresh lemon juice, toasted pecans, crushed pineapple, shredded coconut.
Making the Apple Mini-Muffins:
For starters, using a pastry brush, I greased the wells of my mini-muffin pan with butter, and set the pan aside. I also shredded the peeled and cored apple, tossed it with lemon juice, and set it aside.
Then, I beat the butter, oil, egg, granulated sugar, light brown sugar, milk, vanilla extract, cinnamon, and nutmeg on high until everything was well incorporated. This took a minute or so. The mixture was quite liquidy.
I sifted in the baking soda and salt, and beat the mixture for about 5 seconds. Then, I dumped in the flour, and stirred the mixture with a wooden spoon just until the flour was incorporated.
Next, I added the shredded apples that I had tossed with the lemon juice, toasted pecans, crushed pineapple that I had drained well, and coconut, and stirred to combine everything.
Using a 1¾-inch ice cream scoop, I filled the wells of the mini-muffin pan about ¾ full.
Into a preheated 375° F oven the mini-muffins went for about 18 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into the center came out clean. I let the mini-muffins cool for a minute or so before turning them out onto a wire rack to cool.
I ended up with 3-dozen incredibly moist and delicious Apple Mini-Muffins that were loaded with the goodness of apples, toasted pecans, pineapple and coconut. Yum!
- 1 (8-ounce) Granny Smith apple, peeled, cored and shredded (about 1-1/2 cups)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick, 2 ounces, 56 grams) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 large egg room temperature
- 2 Tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup (3.5 ounces, 99 grams) granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup (1.85 ounces, 52 grams) firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup (4 ounces) milk
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces, 56 grams) chopped pecans, toasted
- 4 ounces 1/2 of an 8-ounce can) crushed pineapple drained with excess juice squeezed out (1/4 cup, 2 ounces, 56 grams)
- 1/2 cup (1.5 ounces, 43 grams) shredded sweetened coconut
- Preheat oven to 375º F.
- Grease wells of mini-muffin pan or line with mini cupcake papers; set aside.
- Combine shredded apples and lemon juice in small bowl; set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat together butter, egg, oil, granulated sugar, brown sugar, milk, vanilla extract, cinnamon, and nutmeg until all ingredients are incorporated.
- Sift in baking soda and salt; beat for several seconds until incorporated.
- Add flour; stir just until combined.
- Add shredded apples, toasted pecans, pineapple, and coconut; stir just until combined.
- Fill mini-muffin wells 3/4-full. Bake in preheated oven for 18 to 20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the mini-muffins comes out clean.
- Cool completely on wire rack.
Yield: 3 dozen.