Looking for a delicious and easy appetizer to serve at your next party? Look no further than Chicken Cordon Bleu Bites! They are a delectable and effortless appetizer that is perfect for any occasion.
These bite-sized treats are made with store-bought frozen chicken nuggets, ham, and Swiss cheese. The result is a crispy and flavorful bite that is sure to please everyone at your party.
- Why You’ll Want To Make My Chicken Cordon Bleu Bites
- Ingredients – Here’s What You’ll Need For The Chicken Cordon Bleu Bites
- Steps to Make the Chicken Cordon Bleu Bites
- Ingredients – Here’s What You’ll Need For The Dipping Sauce
- Here’s How to Make Honey Mustard Dipping Sauce
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Recipe Tips And Tricks
- Other Popular Appetizers for the Holidays
Why You’ll Want To Make My Chicken Cordon Bleu Bites
- They are a crowd-pleaser. Everyone loves the combination of chicken, ham, and cheese, and the bite-sized format is perfect for parties and gatherings.
- They’re quick and easy to make with a simple and straightforward recipe.
- They are a unique and creative way to serve chicken and impress your guests.
Ingredients – Here’s What You’ll Need For The Chicken Cordon Bleu Bites
- Frozen Chicken Nuggets: I used the Just Bare brand because they taste just like Chick-fil-A nuggets.
- Ham and Swiss cheese: You’ll want twice as many pieces of each as nuggets that you’re using, cut into one-inch squares.
Steps to Make the Chicken Cordon Bleu Bites
- Place a single layer of frozen chicken nuggets on a lined baking sheet and bake according to the package directions.
- Remove from the oven and set on a wire cooling rack.
- Top each nugget with a one-inch piece of Swiss cheese, two one-inch pieces of ham, and finally, another one-inch piece of Swiss cheese.
- Return the baking sheet to the oven and bake for about five minutes or until the cheese is melted.
Ingredients – Here’s What You’ll Need For The Dipping Sauce
- Dijon mustard, mayonnaise, and honey: You can just as easily use a pre-made Honey Mustard dipping sauce.
Here’s How to Make Honey Mustard Dipping Sauce
Combine Dijon mustard, mayonnaise, and honey in a small bowl and whisk together. It’s that easy!
Chicken Cordon Bleu Bites are a sophisticated and elegant appetizer that is sure to impress your guests. They are also relatively easy to make, so you won’t have to spend hours in the kitchen.
Frequently Asked Questions
Swiss cheese is the traditional cheese used in Chicken Cordon Bleu, but you can use any type of cheese that you like. Other popular choices include cheddar cheese, mozzarella cheese, and provolone cheese.
I used honey ham, but you can use any type of ham that you like. Other popular choices include prosciutto, Black Forest, and smoked ham.
Chicken Cordon Bleu Bites can be reheated in the oven, microwave, or air fryer.
No, since you’re using frozen chicken nuggets to begin with, I would advise against refreezing them after they’ve been topped and baked with the ham and cheese.
My preferred dipping sauce is honey mustard. However, you can serve these with a variety of sauces, including ranch dressing, barbecue sauce, marinara, or whatever sauce is your favorite. They’re also good without the sauce.
Recipe Tips And Tricks
- There’s no need to make your own chicken nuggets; the frozen ones work just as well.
- You don’t need to make your own dipping sauce; a pre-made sauce will be just as tasty.
Other Popular Appetizers for the Holidays
For other holiday appetizers that your guests will love, check out these recipes.
I hope you liked this recipe for Chicken Cordon Bleu Bites as much as I do. If so, please consider rating it and leaving a comment. Also, if you’d like to receive notifications of new posts by email, enter your email address in the Subscribe box.
Thank you so much for visiting Pudge Factor. I hope you’ll come back!
Chicken Cordon Bleu Bites
- 16 frozen chicken nuggets
- 32 one-inch pieces deli ham
- 32 one-inch pieces Swiss cheese
- 2 tbs Dijon mustard
- 1 ½ tbs mayonnaise
- 1 ½ tbs honey
- Cook frozen chicken nuggets according to package directions.
- Top each with one one-inch piece of Swiss cheese, two one-inch pieces of ham, and another one-inch piece of Swiss cheese.
- Return to the oven and bake for an additional five minutes, or until cheese is melted.
- Serve hot.
- Yield 16
To make the dipping sauce
- Combine Dijon mustard, mayonnaise, and honey in a small bowl and whisk together.