Easy Babybel Cheese Monsters are a fun and unique way to add some pizzaz to your Halloween festivities. They are super simple to make and are sure to put a smile on the face of your goblins both young and old.
What You Need to Make These Treats
To make the Babybel Cheese Monsters, you only need two ingredients plus a small pair of scissors. The two ingredients are Babybels and decorative eyes.
I used wiggly eyes with adhesive backings. However, you could also use candy eyes, but would need some form of edible adhesive like corn syrup to make them stick to the Babybels.
How to Make Easy Babybel Cheese Monsters
Making these adorable treats couldn’t be easier.
Step 1: The first thing that I did was to remove the plastic paper covering the Babybel.
This revealed the distinctive red wax coating.
Step 2: Next, I removed the center strip of the red wax coating.
There were two tabs that made the removal easy.
Step 3: Once the center strip was removed, I carefully loosened the wax from the cheese on one of the halves.
This was to make it easy to cut the designs.
Step 4: I then cut designs in the loosened half of the red wax coating with a small pair of scissors. The only limitation here was one’s imagination!
Once I had cut the designs, I pushed the decorated half back onto the cheese.
Step 5: Finally, I placed the eyes on Cheese Monster and repeated the process with the remaining Babybels.
I used different sizes of eyes and different placements for variety.
I told you this was easy!
I ended up with a dozen absolutely adorable Babybel Cheese Monsters that are perfect for all of your Halloween festivities!
The actual cheese was delicious – slightly tangy, but not at all sharp and the Cheese Monsters were cute beyond imagination. Yum!
Frequently Asked Questions
Babybels are a snack-size cheese that comes individually wrapped in a distinctive red wax coating. They are the French version of the Dutch Edam cheese.
Babybels are sold in grocery stores and come in a white net bag. They are either in the regular cheese section or the gourmet cheese section.
Once you have made the Babybel Cheese Monsters they need to be refrigerated. I like to store them in a Ziploc bag until I’m ready to serve them.
The wax coating is not intended to be eaten. However, it is “food safe” and poses no health risk if you accidentally eat some. The coating is made from blend of paraffin and microcrystalline waxes and coloring which specifically contains no Bisphenol A.
I bought the wiggly adhesive eyes in Walmart, but you should be able to find them in craft stores. Initially, I was going to use candy eyes, but saw the wiggly adhesive eyes at the end of a display in Walmart. However, if you have little ones, it would probably be better to use candy eyes.
Other Halloween Treats
If you’re interested in other Halloween treats, check out these amazing recipes:
- Halloween Ghost Pizza
- Bugs in a Blanket
- Spider Bread with Mexican Corn Dip
- Easy Mini Halloween Pizzas
- Jack O’Lantern Ham and Swiss Hand Pies
- Spooky 8-Layer Taco Dip
I hope you liked these recipes for Easy Babybel Cheese Monsters as much as I do. If so, please consider rating it and leaving a comment. Also, if you’d like to receive notifications of new posts by email, enter your email address in the Subscribe box.
Thank you so much for visiting Pudge Factor. I hope you’ll come back!
Easy Babybel Cheese Monsters
- Small pair of scissors
- 12 Babybel Cheese Rounds
- Assorted Wiggly Adhesive Eyes (See Tip 1)
- Remove the paper covering from Babybel cheese rounds. Remove the center strip of the wax coating, leaving one end attached.
- Carefully loosen the wax from the cheese on one of the halves, making sure that the wax remains attached to the other half.
- Cut teeth or other designs on the loosened half. Push the decorated half back onto the cheese.
- Place eyes on the wax coating.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve. (See Tip 2)
- Yield: 12 Babybel Cheese Monsters.
Chula’s Expert Tips
- You could also use candy eyes in place of the adhesive wiggly eyes. For the candy eyes, use a dab of corn syrup to act as a type of “glue”.
- Store the Babybel Cheese Monsters in an airtight container in the refrigerator for a day or two.