Wondering what to serve for your special Easter dinner? Grits and Pinecones and I teamed up to bring you 9 amazing menus that are sure to take the guess work out of your planning. From simple to elegant and everything in between, these 9 menus include 36 incredible tried and true dishes. You can complete your special dinner with one of our 15 Awesome Sweets and Treats for Easter. Happy Easter 🙂!
- Brown Sugar and Bourbon Glazed Ham
- Terry’s Sweet Potato Casserole
- Grown-up Green Bean Casserole
- Homemade Slider Buns
1. Brown Sugar and Bourbon Glazed Ham (courtesy of Grits and Pinecones): Easter is right around the corner, and nothing says Easter like glazed ham! Lots of it! And, I that know you and your family or guests will love, my Glazed Ham with its brown sugar and bourbon glaze!
2. Terry’s Sweet Potato Casserole (courtesy of Grits and Pinecones): Are you looking for the most delicious sweet potato casserole that you have ever eaten? One that is decadent beyond description and will have your family clamoring for more? Well, you are in the right place because Terry’s Sweet Potato Casserole is all that and more! It’s the perfect Easter side dish, and of course, it’s also perfect for any holiday gathering. As an added bonus, you can make it ahead of time!
3. Grown-up Green Bean Casserole: Are you tired of the mandatory cream of mushroom soup Green Bean Casserole? If so, you should try this Grown-up Green Bean Casserole. It’s easy to make and absolutely delicious! What’s even better is that this Grown-up Green Bean Casserole can be made ahead of time, and reheats beautifully.
4. Homemade Slider Buns: Sliders are all the rage these days, and for good reason. They’re mini sandwiches and are perfect for leftover ham. Although you can buy slider buns, the homemade variety is so much better, and is super easy to make! What’s even better is that they make perfect dinner rolls.
Elegant Crown Roast of Pork
- Crown Roast of Pork
- Easy Stove Top Roasted Potatoes
- Green Bean Bundles Wrapped in Bacon
- Crusty French Bread
5. Crown Roast of Pork: Looking for a replacement for the traditional ham for your Easter dinner? Try Crown Roast of Pork. It is an elegant entrée for your special holiday dinner.
6. Easy Stove Top Roasted Potatoes: Who doesn’t love roasted potatoes that are crispy on the outside and creamy on the inside? Well, now you can make them. They’re super easy to make and are made on the stove-top for a winning combination!
7. Green Bean Bundles Wrapped in Bacon (courtesy of Grits and Pinecones): Delicious Green Bean Bundles Wrapped in Bacon will lend an elegant touch to your Easter dinner table. These divine little packages of tender green beans, wrapped in smoky bacon with a touch of brown sugar, are sure to be a favorite of your family and friends.
8. Crusty French Bread: This is the ultimate recipe for french bread. It’s a breeze to make with a bread machine, and consistently produces amazing french bread. I’ve been told by both Susan and the Master Taste Tester not to try any other french bread recipe!
Tender and Juicy Smoked Turkey
- Fresh Herb and Garlic Smoked Turkey
- Southern Style Potato Salad with a Twist
- Sweet and Sour Green Beans
- Old Fashioned Southern Corn Bread
9. Fresh Herb and Garlic Smoked Turkey (courtesy of Grits and Pinecones): Fresh Herb and Garlic Smoked Turkey is a delicious choice for Easter or any holiday when your oven is space challenged! And, if you have never smoked a turkey before, you will be surprised at just how easy it is.
10. Southern Style Potato Salad with a Twist: We do a lot of things right in the South, especially when it comes to Potato Salad! This classic Southern Style Potato Salad with a Twist is perfect for Easter brunch or dinner, or anytime for that matter. It’s good served warm, but even better served cold after the flavors have had a chance to meld together!
11. Sweet and Sour Green Beans (courtesy of Grits and Pinecones): Sweet and Sour Green Beans is definitely one delicious green bean recipe that deserves a place of honor in your repertoire of “go-to” recipes for green beans.
12. Old Fashioned Southern Cornbread (courtesy of Grits and Pinecones): Are you looking for a recipe for delicious traditional Southern cornbread? Old-Fashioned Southern Cornbread made in a cast iron skillet with buttermilk is a true Southern staple and an easy and quick gluten-free recipe!
Amazing Pulled Pork
- Pulled Pork with Balsamic Barbecue Sauce
- Crispy Smashed Parmesan Potatoes
- Creamy Southern Coleslaw
- Homemade Hamburger Buns
13. Pulled Pork with Balsamic Barbecue Sauce: This incredible pulled pork is brined for 24 hours, dry-rubbed, and slow roasted for hours until it’s fall-apart tender and melts in your mouth.
14. Crispy Smashed Parmesan Potatoes: Crispy smashed potatoes topped with Parmesan cheese is an amazing side dish for your Easter or anytime feast. It’s easy to make and only requires a few ingredients.
15. Creamy Southern Coleslaw: This southern coleslaw is full of creamy goodness, with the perfect blend of sweet and sour. It’s consistently amazing, and goes well with so many dishes.. What’s even better is that the food processor does most of the work.
16. Homemade Hamburger Buns: If you’re looking for the ultimate hamburger bun, look no further. These Homemade Hamburger Buns are not only quick and easy to make, but also light and fluffy. Topped with sesame seeds or plain, they’re beautiful to look at and perfect for any occasion.
Easy and Flavorful Skillet New York Strip Roast
- Skillet New York Strip Roast
- Make Ahead Duchess Potatoes
- Cucumber Dill Salad
- Oat Rolls
17. Skillet New York Strip Roast (courtesy of Grits and Pinecones): Skillet New York Strip Roast is quite possibly the most delicious and tender roast beef you will ever taste! And, did I mention this flavorful roast beef is incredibly easy to prepare?
18. Make Ahead Duchess Potatoes: Simple to make and elegant to serve, these Duchess Potatoes freeze beautifully for a make-ahead side dish for your holiday or any time feast.
19. Cucumber Dill Salad (Gurkensalat): Cucumber Dill Salad or Gurkensalat is an incredible salad that is easy to make. It’s not only tasty, but also very refreshing, making it perfect for an Easter dinner.
20. Oat Rolls: These oat rolls are absolutely delicious and are easy to make, especially with a bread machine. Just pop all of the ingredients into the bread machine, and let it do most of the work!
Awesome Mushroom Stuffed Pork Tenderloin
- Mushroom Stuffed Pork Tenderloin with Madeira Cream Sauce
- My Mother’s Southern Scalloped Potatoes
- Ultimate Broccoli Cheese Casserole
- Sour Dough Baguettes
21. Mushroom Stuffed Pork Tenderloin with Madeira Cream Sauce: If you’re looking for an elegant entrée for your special Easter dinner, look no further. Mushroom Stuffed Pork Tenderloin with Madeira Cream Sauce is absolutely delicious and is guaranteed to produce the WOW factor!
22. My Mother’s Southern Scalloped Potatoes: Full of cheesy goodness in every bite, my Mother’s Southern Style Scalloped Potatoes are perfect for any occasion. This is especially true for Easter!
23. Ultimate Broccoli Cheese Casserole (courtesy of Grits and Pinecones): When you see a recipe with the name Ultimate Broccoli Cheese Casserole you expect it to be, well, something pretty spectacular. This delicious casserole loaded with cheesy goodness lives up to its name!
24. Sour Dough Baguettes: Full of flavor and chew, these amazing sour dough baguettes will not disappoint. Use a bread machine to do most of the work!
Sumptuous Beef Tenderloin
- Beef Tenderloin with Gorgonzola Sauce
- Ultimate Blue Cheese Au Gratin Potatoes
- Caesar Salad
- Southern Flaky Biscuits
25. Beef Tenderloin with Gorgonzola Sauce (courtesy of Grits and Pinecones): Beef Tenderloin with Gorgonzola Sauce is the perfect entrée for your Easter Dinner. It’s elegant and easy to make. Everyone will love it!
26. Ultimate Blue Cheese Au Gratin Potatoes (courtesy of Grits and Pinecones): Are you looking for a delicious side dish for a special dinner or your Easter table? How about something just a little different from traditional mashed potatoes? Well, hold on to your Bunny hat because Blue Cheese Au Gratin Potatoes will rock your world.
27. Caesar Salad: Caesar Salad is a wonderful dish on its own or paired with any number of toppings or entrées. What makes a great Caesar Salad is a great dressing and freshly made croutons, both of which are quick and easy to make.
28. Southern Flaky Biscuits: Light and flaky biscuits are a staple in the South. They’re delicious on their own with butter, sandwiched around a piece of leftover beef tenderloin, or a host of other options. In addition to being delicious, these southern flaky biscuits take only minutes to make. They’re perfect for your Easter dinner.
Make Ahead Stuffed Chicken Breasts
- Stuffed Chicken Breasts with Crème Dijon Wine Sauce
- Potatoes Lyonnaise
- Make Ahead Broccoli Rice Casserole
- Honey Wheat Rolls
29. Stuffed Chicken Breasts with Crème Dijon Wine Sauce: For an elegant meal, try these tender, juicy chicken breasts stuffed with mushrooms and leeks and topped with a delicious crème Dijon wine sauce. The uncooked stuffed chicken can be made ahead of time, and refrigerated. Cook it 30 minutes before dinner for a five-star restaurant quality meal.
30. Potatoes Lyonnaise: Potatoes Lyonnaise is a buttery dish of pan-fried sliced potatoes cooked with caramelized onions. It’s origins are French, referring to the city of Lyon. When used as an adjective, lyonnaise means cooked with onions. Whatever it’s origins or meaning, Potatoes Lyonnaise is simple to prepare, and absolutely delicious!
31. Make Ahead Broccoli Rice Casserole: This creamy and cheesy Broccoli Rice Casserole is a delicious make ahead side dish for your Easter or anytime feast. It contains just a few ingredients, and is a snap to make. Add 2 cups of leftover ham and you have an outstanding after Easter dish that is company worthy!
32. Honey Wheat Rolls: One of my absolute favorite things to make is bread/rolls. The fact that one can add a little bit of salt and yeast to what I used as paste when I as a kid is totally captivating. I don’t think that there is a time when I don’t marvel at the magical powers of yeast. The Honey Wheat Rolls is no exception.
Simple and Succulent Roasted Pork Tenderloin
- Herb Crusted Roasted Pork Tenderloin
- Pancetta and Rosemary Mashed Potatoes
- Roasted Carrots with Lemon Vinaigrette
- French Bread Rolls
33. Herb Crusted Roasted Pork Tenderloin (courtesy of Grits and Pinecones): Are you in the mood for a simple yet delicious dinner tonight? If so, check out this recipe for succulent and fragrant Herb Crusted Roasted Pork Tenderloin.
34. Pancetta and Rosemary Mashed Potatoes: (courtesy of Grits and Pinecones): Pancetta and Rosemary Mashed Potatoes is a new, delicious twist on a traditional classic. It is a perfect Easter side dish, and guaranteed to wow your family and friends.
35. Roasted Carrots with Lemon Vinaigrette (courtesy of Grits and Pinecones): Roasted Carrots with Lemon Vinaigrette are delicious roasted, crisp-tender and sweet carrots topped with a yummy lemon and fresh herb vinaigrette. This elegant side dish would be a stunning and flavorful addition to your Easter dinner table.
36. French Bread Rolls: Ever since I got my little bread machine, I’ve been experimenting and trying to perfect different breads. One success story is my french bread rolls! I make these incredible rolls at least once a week.